Casual Technician, Bristol Hippodrome
- Closes24th January 2020
- LocationSouth West
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£15k-20k pro rata)
JOB PURPOSE:To assist the technical management team in all technical duties related to the productions. Duties will include show running, get-ins and get-outs, maintenance of toured or venue equipment. Duties will also include day to day maintenance of the venue. The role is directly responsible to the Technical Manager, Deputy TM, Assistant TM, Stage Manager or the designated Duty Technician. The position is a casual post.
1. To assist with get-ins and get-outs of all stage, rigging, lighting and sound equipment.
2. To load and unload equipment from production vehicles.
3. Operate lighting or sound desks.
4. Operate followspots.
5. Under the direction of the touring and venue staff work as part of the stage or fly crew.
6. Undertake lamp rounds under the direction of the technical team.
7. To report faults and help maintain the stage and venue machinery and equipment.
8. To ensure that all work areas are kept tidy.
9. To be prompt and ensure all work is completed in a timely manner.
10. To implement and comply with the Theatre Health and Safety Policy, following safe working procedures, to maintain a safe environment for colleagues and visiting companies
11. To maintain a cheerful and professional attitude and offer a high standard of service to visiting production staff.
12. To attend training sessions to further knowledge.
13. To complete any other delegated task that may assist the company in achieving its business objectives.
Necessary for the Role:
Good Work Ethic
Willingness to learn
Happy to work independently and as part of a team
Good communication skills
Flexible working hours and good availability
Competent in Manual Handling
Experience in the following areas: Stage Craft, Working at height, Get ins and Get outs, Lighting and Sound including follow spots.
First Aid Trained
Salary: £8.21 / hour
APPLY ONLINE AT https://candidate.atg.co.uk/106413ART