Visitor Services Assistant - National Botanical Gardens, Artisan People
- Closes27th January 2020
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£15k-20k)
- ContactKimberley email@example.com
Artisan People are recruiting for a Visitor Service Assistant for a National Botanical Garden’s annual Orchid Festival. With each year, the Orchid Festival reiterates its festivities with a celebration of a different nation. 2020 welcomes a dazzling display inspired by Indonesia’s wildlife and plant diversity.
The VS team are responsible for managing the attendee queues, processing tickets and welcoming guests around the immersive exhibition by providing support and guidance. You will likely be answering visitor’s questions and acting as a first point of contact for the museum, so a friendly but focused approach to this role is essential. This is a great opportunity for those who wish to enter the heritage or environmental sectors or who wish to develop their visitor service skills in a unique and internationally renowned institution.
You need to be available for an interview at Artisan People. Following on from this, successful candidates will be required to attend a training day at the botanical gardens on Friday 31st January.
The position will start on Saturday 8th February and run through until 8th March 2020.
You must have:
· Fluency in English and excellent communication skills and ability to interact with visitors
· Reliable, punctual and patience
· Passionate about the arts and heritage with an interest in the National Botanical Gardens
· Outgoing, charismatic and welcoming
· DBS checked
· Live locally/ good transport links
· Ability to work as part of a team
Pay £9.60 /hour
Please apply with a CV and covering letter.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.