Technical Manager / Re-lighter, Mind the Gap
- Closes20th January 2020
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£30k-40k)
- ArtformOther, theatre
- ContactDeborah Dickinson email@example.com
Mind the Gap and Gecko are seeking an experienced Technical Manager / Re-lighter to join the team on their exciting new co-production, 'a little space'.
In autumn 2019 'a little space' had a preview tour to four different venues. A further tour has been programmed in spring 2020 with further national and international touring expected afterwards.
Ideally the successful candidate will join at the beginning of the tour period detailed below. However alternative provision is in place until w/c 24 February if needed.
Spring Tour Dates:
First part tour – 6 weeks
- w/c 27 Jan – 3 days rehearsals – Mind the Gap (MTG), Bradford
- w/c 3 Feb – 2 days prep for the tour – MTG, Bradford
- w/c 10 Feb – production week and performances – HOME, Manchester
- (w/c 17 Feb – week off)
- w/c 24 Feb – touring – Derby Theatre
- w/c 2 March – touring – Oxford Playhouse / Leeds Playhouse
- w/c 9 March – touring – The Wolsey, Ipswich / Brycheiniog Theatr, Brecon
- w/c 16 March – touring – Exeter Northcott
Second Part Tour – 3 weeks
- w/c 4th May – rehearsals MTG, Bradford
- w/c 11 May – production week and performances The Place, London
- w/c 18 May – performing at Crossing the Lines Festival, Galway
The company consists of a Rehearsal Director, Company Manager, Technical Stage Manager, Technical Manager / Re-lighter and 5 Devising Performers. The Technical Manager / Re-lighter position is a key role within the team, responsible overseeing the ‘on the road’ delivery of the tour and the faithful execution of the lighting and sound designs.
Pay: £600/week with transport, accommodation and per diems provided when away from home address.
For full details, duties and responsibilities and person specification visit mind-the-gap.org.uk/jobs
Expressions of interest should be sent with a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP and no later than Monday 20 January at 5pm. Phone or Skype discussions will take place as soon as possible after this date.