Production / stage manager for interactive outdoor show, Time Won't Wait
- Closes27th January 2020
- LocationSouth East
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£25k-30k pro rata)
- Artformcombined arts, interdisciplinary arts, theatre, Other, outdoor arts
- ContactEllen Spence firstname.lastname@example.org
Producing company Time Won’t Wait is looking for a Production / Stage manager for FeelPlay, a new interactive & immersive outdoor show to be presented at Brighton International Festival and Greenwich & Docklands International Festival in summer 2020 (touring 2021). The show will be a lot of fun, engaging adults in ‘play’ using games, song, movement, live & digital interactivity.
YOU must be a proactive individual, with both practical production & stage management skills. Because of the nature of this niche work there's no need for two people. We need a strong leader who can multi-task, come up with ideas, facilitate teamworking, & plan, budget & oversee the technical, design, safety & management of the show. When touring you will be the lead person in charge of the team, set, transport, get ins/outs, & managing a cast of 3 to make it all happen.
• 5+ years professional experience, inc specific experience of outdoor arts context
• Experience of working with designers who work with all kinds of materials (inflatables, wood, metal etc)
• An understanding of audience participation
• At ease liaising with festival production & technical teams, preparing relevant paperwork.
• Great communicator, ability to deal with all kinds of people & situations
• Good understanding of access, safety & risk assessments
• Experience managing & reporting on budgets
• Able to drive a van
• Based in / near London
• First aider, access trained or literate.
• Comfortable w/ technology (we're developing an interactive app for the project - you'll be trained in this & expected to occasionally facilitate public use).
Essential Dates: This is a flexible freelance role spread over a few months. Essential dates: some of wk February 3rd, wk 16th March, wk 13th April 8 - 10 May, 15, 19-21 June.
To apply: Please send us your CV + a brief letter. To informally chat about the role in advance please email (or just go for it!).
Deadline: 12 noon Monday 27 th January. Interviews Monday 3rd February.