Mould Maker and Caster, Ryan Gander's Studio, Suffolk
- Closes14th February 2020
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£30k-40k)
- Artformvisual arts
- ContactPhil Mayer email@example.com
Mould Maker and Caster
Based in Suffolk
30 - 35k PA
Ryan Gander is looking for a self-motivated mould maker and caster to join his vibrant, collaborative and expanding team as a member of his Suffolk studio, near Woodbridge.
Essential Skills/ Experience:
- At least 3 years experience of independently designing and making moulds.
- An excellent working knowledge of casting in a variety of materials including plaster, Jesmonite, concrete and marble resin.
- Able to finish cast objects to an exceptionally high standard, ready for exhibition.
- Ability to collaborate across all levels to creatively problem solve and express ideas with confidence.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Highly organised, methodical approach and comfortable recording all stages of production.
- A strong sense of professionalism and discretion.
Desirable Skills/ Experience:
- Working knowledge of Rhino, Meshmixer, Meshlab or similar, with the ability to design, draw and manipulate computer renders ready for 3d printing and CNC routing.
- Previous experience working directly with an artist.
- Knowledge of array scanning.
- A love and appreciation of contemporary art.
- University Degree.
Deadline for applications: 14th February
Interviews W/C: 24th February
Job commences: March 2020
Candidates will be expected to bring a portfolio of projects they have worked on to the interview. For full Job Spec and to apply with CV and covering letter please contact Studio Director, Phil Mayer: firstname.lastname@example.org