Ticketing Assistant, Arts Tickets
- Closes31st January 2020
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£20k-25k)
- ContactFrankie firstname.lastname@example.org
Arts Tickets are looking for an experienced Ticketing Assistant to join the team and help with sales, inventory management, customer service and system maintenance.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the show schedule, production details, ticketing prices & deals & communicate this information accurately & consistently.
- Ensuring agency call overs are inked in or marked back accurately & in a timely manner.
- Identifying, communicating and resolving any ticketing issues proactively & calmly, in liaison with the ticketing management.
- Answering phone calls and handling queries and delivering accurate information to customers.
- Communicating with the Front of House team during the incoming regarding any time critical issues, ticketing problems or relevant information in a calm, polite & collaborative manner.
- Helping to maximise ticket & ancillary sales & promoting the work of Arts Tickets on an ongoing basis.
- Representing Arts Tickets with diplomacy, discretion & courtesy, at all times & providing useful & accurate information about productions & facilities.
- An organised, flexible approach to day to day responsibilities.
- A creative and resourceful approach to problem solving.
- A confident, friendly and professional manner.
- Demonstrable ability to prioritise effectively and remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to make quick decisions whilst maintaining high standards of accuracy.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Computer literate, familiar with PC’s & Microsoft Office programs.
- Understanding of theatre operational structures.
- Understanding of Health & Safety practises in the workplace.
For further information please contact email@example.com
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org