Curator of Fine Art, York Museums Trust
- Closes4th February 2020
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£15k-20k pro rata)
- ContactJacqueline Chiplin firstname.lastname@example.org
Contract: Part-time, permanent (22.2 hours per week)
Salary: £28,203 - £30,067 per annum (Actual salary £16,921 - £18,040 per annum)
We are recruiting a Curator of Fine Art, who will support the Senior Curator in building York Art Gallery’s position as a leading gallery in the North of England. This will encompass the delivery of high-profile programming and temporary exhibitions, developing its Fine Art collections, and continuing the family friendly and visitor-focused engagement for which York Art Gallery has won awards.
You will have:
- a relevant degree and a post-graduate qualification in Museum/Art Gallery Studies and/or AMA or equivalent experience
- substantial knowledge of and experience with Fine Art collections, with an emphasis on contemporary British art
- demonstrable experience of exhibition development and delivery, as well as knowledge of documentation systems and relevant conservation issues
How to apply:
Access the job description and application form at www.yorkmuseumstrust.org.ukon the About Us, Jobs Vacancies page.
Forms should be returned to email@example.com by post to: Recruitment, Yorkshire Museum, Museum Gardens, York, YO1 7FR. Electronic applications forms should be submitted in a Word compatible format.
CVs will not be accepted and applications can only be accepted from candidates who have permission to work in the UK. If, after applying, you have not heard from us by two weeks after the closing date, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion, as we are unable to respond to every applicant.
As an organisation York Museums Trust is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. We welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Dates to bear in mind…
Closing date for applications is 9am on Wednesday 5 February 2020
Interviews will take place in York on Monday 24 February 2020