Gallery Assistant, Thomas Dane Gallery
- Closes31st January 2020
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£20k-25k)
- Artformvisual arts, Other
- ContactMaud Cherbonnel MAUD@THOMASDANEGALLERY.COM
Thomas Dane Gallery is seeking a Gallery Assistant to join its operations in London. The successful candidate will be exceptionally well organised, capable of juggling their own workload whilst managing priorities and assisting in the general smooth running of the gallery. The key qualities for a successful candidate will be initiative and a keen attention to details. The role requires excellent inter personal skills together with the ability to multi-task and work independently.
Main responsibilities are as follow:
- Answering door buzzer, greeting all visitors to the gallery, and providing information or assistance as required. Printing lists of works, press releases and other information for visitors. Directing visitor enquiries to other staff where appropriate.
- Answering telephone. Handling enquiries where appropriate and transferring calls to other member of staff.
- Daily opening up of gallery, switching on lights, turning on exhibitions (where necessary).
- Ensuring that general facilities supplies are ordered regularly (office supplies, refuse stickers and bags, bathroom and kitchen supplies etc.).
- Franking of outgoing post and taking to Post Office each day in coordination with the other Gallery Assistant.
- Maintaining high level of tidiness and organisation around the gallery and offices, especially around the front desk/shelves and throughout the gallery. Liaising with cleaner. Organising window cleaning.
- Day-to-day management of gallery diary. Making diary entries, amending entries, print-outs for staff meetings.
- Handling all general email enquiries to the email@example.com address in coordination with the other Gallery Assistant.
- Assisting and supporting other staff with their duties where necessary.
- Booking artists travel for exhibitions and gallery trips.
- Preparing courier packages and arranging for collection. Assisting in the organisation of private views, dinners and other events: ordering drinks, glasses, staff, organising catering, booking tables, managing guests lists in coordination with the Partners and Directors.
- Any ad-hoc projects appropriate for the role.
Applicants to send CV and a single-side cover letter as pdfs to firstname.lastname@example.org