Calderstones Heritage Coordinator, The Reader
- Closes28th January 2020
- LocationNorth West
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£15k-20k)
- Artformlibraries, literature, museums
- ContactKate Harrison firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently running a vibrant and diverse programme of events, with the golden thread of literature running through all our activities, be it a gardening group, a Reader Retreat, or a festival. Heritage is a significant part of this progamme with planned activities ranging from visiting primary school groups, to lectures, living history and guided walking tours. All of these will include readings and literature, poetry, fiction and history. Our heritage offer is made possible by a talented and enthusiastic team of volunteers.
We have already achieved a lot. Our offer at Calderstones is attracting significant numbers of visitors and we have lots of ideas on how we can continue to develop things further. We now need the right person to join our programmes team to co-ordinate our heritage activities and help us continue to deliver excellent quality programming.
Our priorities for heritage at Calderstones include:
· Ensuring that passion and commitment to heritage is a thread woven through all that we do
· Further develop our offer for Children and Young people
· Build more opportunities for our committed heritage volunteer team to use their skills and talents in engagement and project development
· Reach out and engage with priority communities