Choir Leaders, The People's Show Choirs
- Closes29th March 2020
- LocationWest Midlands, UK
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£30k-40k pro rata)
- ContactSarah Marshall email@example.com
Salary: £40 per hour – the equivalent of £3,200 to £76,000 a year
Guaranteed minimum income. Teach, perform, and join a leading UK Music Charity
A minimum commitment of one two-hour rehearsal a week during term time with additional opportunities to earn. Full training given
The People’s Show Choir need to find talented musicians to lead community and workplace choirs throughout the UK. Starting dates are flexible, some posts offered with an immediate start and some start September 2020
Choir sessions are offered on a time and day to suit your diary. You can run one or multiple choirs during the day or evening. Community choir rehearsals are 2 hours per session and workplace choir 1 hour per session.
As part of the team you will be:
- Self-employed with a guaranteed income with additional opportunities to earn
- Part- time – Leading a community choir for a minimum of one evening per week on a day and time to give you the flexibility to maintain other musical opportunities, work and family commitments
- Teaching a minimum of 39 weeks per year
- Offered great performance opportunities in the UK and internationally with our network of orchestras, choirs and professionals
- Provided with administration support, music arrangements & resources
- want a guaranteed income and additional opportunities to earn?
- have the time and commitment to grow your People’s Show Choir?
- have the flexibility to attend occasional training days*?
- have any vocal skills training?
- enjoy engaging and supporting people to sing and perform?
- have a portable piano and the ability to transport your equipment to and from rehearsals?
- speak English, have no criminal convictions and the right to work in the UK?
*We pay travel expenses and food allowance during training.
The People’s Show Choirs are (run by The People’s Orchestra Charity) promote music making as a platform for changing lives in some of the most deprived areas of the UK. Charity Number 1151321
Please send your CV and a short covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Experience: Previous community choir leading (Preferred)