Participation Manager, Arcola Theatre
- Closes2nd March 2020
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£25k-30k)
- ContactJamie-Lee Samuels firstname.lastname@example.org
Arcola aims to be a theatre involving and inspiring everyone in our diverse community. In the heart of East London, we stage a wide range of socially-engaged, local and international stories. We’re looking for a creative, proactive Participation Manager to play a vital role in that mission.
- Significant experience (minimum 3 years) developing and leading public engagement, community development and/or creative learning projects in the performing arts.
- A proven track record of devising and delivering complex projects with young people; members of the community; and artists.
- Experience of fundraising.
- A passion for the performing arts
- Knowledge of a broad range of cultures and traditions, and ability to work with people from a wide range of backgrounds.
- A proven knowledge of contemporary arts education or community development practice, or equivalent transferable experience.
- An understanding of and commitment to Safeguarding best practice.
- The proven ability to communicate clearly, confidently and creatively both in writing and in person.
- Experience of setting and managing budgets.
- Experience of project management, monitoring, evaluation and report writing and managing freelance staff.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- The ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- IT skills including knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Experience of theatre administration or production.
- Experience of work in a producing theatre.
- Knowledge of trusts and foundations.
- Knowledge of the local community and demographics of Hackney.
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 depending on experience.
Hours: Full Time. 40 hours per week. Evening or weekend work may be required. All Arcola staff are expected to attend performances and to be a part of the artistic life of the organisation.
Benefits: 28 days p/a, Complimentary tickets, staff discount at Arcola Bar, TOIL
To apply, go to https://www.arcolatheatre.com/were-hiring-participation-manager/ OR please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
The deadline for applications is 10am on Monday 2 March 2020. Interviews will be held in the week commencing 9 March.