Oracy Trainer and Mentor, The English Speaking Union
- Closes13th April 2020
- LocationEast, Essex
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£15k-20k pro rata)
- Artformcombined arts, interdisciplinary arts, literature, theatre, Public Speaking
- ContactEsther O email@example.com
Get paid to give young people the speaking and listening skills they need to thrive in a changing world whilst gaining invaluable experience working for a 100-year-old educational charity. The ESU are recruiting zero-hour Oracy Trainers and Mentors for this upcoming academic year to deliver our educational programmes across England and Wales.
- Teach debating and public speaking in primary and secondary schools and to judge ESU competitions
- Earn £30-£85 per workshop, all travel reimbursed
- Full training, including safeguarding training and DBS checks provided
- Lesson plans and teaching resources provided with access to ongoing support
- Opportunity to work as a residential coach and on Debate Tours abroad
- Promotion opportunities to teach Oracy CPD to education professionals
- Be passionate about teaching Oracy skills
- Have experience in debating / public speaking / teaching / coaching
- Be professional and organised
- Be committed to safeguarding children and young people
- Be available weekdays and evenings for a minimum of one academic year
This is an opportunity to gain valuable skills and experience, be part of an important educational movement and make a difference to the lives of young people near you.
The ESU is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments are subject to satisfactory reference and DBS checks.
Interested? Apply here: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/CJGK9J3
Applications close midnight Monday 13th April 2020. Training takes place in June.
- Flexible working hours