Head of Inorganic Conservation, British Museum
- Closes30th March 2020
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£40k-50k)
Head of Inorganic Conservation
£40,902 per annum
Application deadline: Monday 30th March at midday
The Head of Inorganic Conservation is a key role within the Collection Care department at the British Museum.
As part of a dynamic and enthusiastic team this role will lead, develop, manage and set standards for a specialist team of Inorganic conservators, (ceramics, glass, metals, stone, wall-paintings, mosaics and the facsimile service) whilst making a major contribution to the Management and planning of the Conservation Team.
You will own and deliver the operational plan of the section helping to develop the inorganic team’s contribution to the Museum’s commercial activities.
As our expert in Inorganic Conservation, you will oversee regulatory compliance for the section, including security and health and safety, and manage delegated budgets for materials.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join a world renowned institution and contribute towards maintaining and developing the Department’s reputation as a centre of excellence for the conservation of, and research into, inorganic materials.
Our ideal Head of Inorganic Conservation will be:
- A recognised professional with a conservation qualification to at least degree level which includes training in the conservation of inorganic materials
- Be a member of relevant professional organisations
- Be a recognized expert in the field of inorganic materials conservation, both nationally and internationally and have a well-established history of inorganic materials conservation work in a museum or heritage sector environment.
- Able to lead and motivate a team and manage budgets
- Able to sustain and develop relationships with internal and external partners
About the British Museum:
Founded in 1753, the British Museum’s remarkable collection spans over two million years of human history and culture. The Museum is an equal opportunity employer, supports a diverse workplace and offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Membership of the civil service pension scheme
- Free entry to a wide range of museums and exhibitions
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Professional & personal development opportunities
To apply, please go to: https://bmrecruit.ciphr-irecruit.com//templates/CIPHR/jobdetail_2035.aspx