Far South West-based emerging art writer commission, Rame Projects CIC
- Closes13th April 2020
- LocationSouth West
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£15k-20k pro rata)
- Artformcombined arts, dance, film, interdisciplinary arts, literature, photography, music, theatre, visual arts
- ContactBeth Emily Richards and Lucy Stella Rollins firstname.lastname@example.org
Rame Projects is a new artist-led project space on the Rame Peninsula in South-East Cornwall. Thanks to support from Arts Council England, FEAST, The Box, and Plymouth College of Art, we are able to offer an art writing opportunity to respond to our pilot programme. Rame Projects aims to: provide opportunities for local communities to engage with contemporary art, in both its making and exhibition; engage local students and young people with contemporary art practices that are new to them; and support and platform emerging artists based in Cornwall and Devon.
What we can offer:
- A fee of £450 to respond to three artist residencies at Rame Projects between May – September 2020. We expect one piece of writing (whether art criticism or something more experimental) for each project.
- Support and feedback on work in progress from the Rame Projects directors Beth Emily Richards and Lucy Stella Rollins, and from additional artists and arts professionals.
- Online publication of your writing via the Rame Projects website.
- Ability to work from the project space at negotiated times. The space is located on a Cornish cliff top, a short walk to beaches and local villages. It is 12m x 6m size, and suitable for work at most scales. There is basic AV equipment available in the space, 20 chairs, and a small kitchenette including good coffee machine and a small office workspace and library. The studio is on the Maker Heights site, where there is an amazing cafe, The Canteen, and an inexpensive campsite; making residential workshops a possibility.
For more on what we can offer, what we are looking for, and how to apply, visit: http://rameprojects.com/far-south-west-based-emerging-art-writer-commission/