Project Assistant (Cultural Development), Kirklees Council
- Closes17th April 2020
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£25k-30k)
- Artformcombined arts, interdisciplinary arts, libraries, literature, museums, music, visual arts
- ContactAdele Poppleton firstname.lastname@example.org
This job is fixed term until December 2023.
We are looking for a Project Assistant to work within our Culture and Tourism Service. This service contributes to creating vibrant and thriving places, a strong economy and excellent quality of life. Culture and Tourism services seek to attract visitors to the area; generate positive media coverage to create an attractive image of Kirklees; offer spaces and activities for people to be active and learn new things; and develop a strong cultural offer to attract increased footfall in our town centres.
You will support the development of capital projects being led by the service including new cultural facilities and markets in Dewsbury and Huddersfield. You will also support the delivery of key cultural priorities around the Year of Music 2023 and Woven Textiles Festival.
Some of the tasks you will be expected to do include:
- Supporting the Project Leads to plan projects and engage the public
- Working with the council’s Communications team to ensure that there is regular information about the projects being communicated
- Researching information for use in funding bids, sponsorship proposals and to establish baselines for evaluation
- Collating information for reports
- Co-ordinating project team and partnership meetings
We are looking for someone who is:
- Confident using the Microsoft Office Package, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as Social Media
- Highly skilled at organising and coordinating
- Strong in literacy and numeracy skills
- Interested in culture and/or markets
To find out more click on www.kirklees.gov.uk/jobs and search for the post.