Decorative Artist / Painter & Decorator, Mathew Bray & Matthew Collins
- Closes31st May 2020
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£30k-40k)
- Artformcrafts, Other, visual arts
- ContactMatthew Collins firstname.lastname@example.org
PAY depending on experience £15/£17 p/h
Persons applying for this position must be able to demonstrate an excellent understanding of Building Site practices. They must have at least three years experience in residential decorating/decorative arts.
You may be put in control of a small team of junior decorators and you will need to organise them and instruct them continuously. You will be responsible for the standard of work produced by your team; The standard of care for the space in which you work from damage or accident; the standards of service to our Clients, and the standards of Health & Safety where you will oversee the safety of your junior decorators and instruct them in safe working practices.
You should be able to display advanced specialist decoration skills – Responsible for mixing paints, matching colours, preparing surfaces, and applying paint to these surfaces. May perform touch-ups or coordinate large painting projects related to the construction industry, utilising processes from varied decorative disciplines and skills incorporating basic prep decoration work in both Acrylic and oil methods, Glazing, Distemper Finishes, etc.
COMMON DUTIES APPLICABLE TO EVERYONE
- Computer literacy and experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel are required
- A working knowledge of any of the following software is desirable; Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, AUTOCAD or Vector works .
- A valid Driving Licence is required.
- Other items that are beneficial to an application are Health and safety CITB certification, ladders and scaffold safety certification and First aid Qualifications.
The majority of our work will be based in London, but also on site around Britain and International projects as directed.
Outlook: You are expected to be polite, tidy and conscientious at all times. You must be prudent in delivering an excellent standard of work.
Health and Safety: You must act responsibly at all times in ensuring your own safety at work. You must adhere to and enforce the company Health and Safety Policy.