Board Member, D6: Culture in Transit
- Closes6th September 2020
- LocationNorth East
- TypePart time (trustee)
- Artformcombined arts, film, interdisciplinary arts, museums, visual arts
- ContactClymene Christoforou email@example.com
Do you think that having culture in our lives is important? Do you think the arts have a role to play in connecting people and neighbourhoods? Can you imagine a world where our borders are open, and our stories and connections revealed through artistic collaboration?
Would you be interested in joining our board of directors to take a journey with us on a programme that connects the local to the international, the neighbourhood to the policy makers? With talented artists, intrepid partners, and recently successful National Lottery Heritage Fund, Arts Council and Creative Europe funding we are stepping into an extraordinarily rich programme of residencies, exhibition and events. A programme that considers our heritage, our community and our place in the world.
D6: Culture in Transit is now looking for up to 3 people to join our current Board of Directors. Following a review process, several areas of expertise have been identified. D6 would welcome applicants who have/are:
- experience of working with refugees and asylum seekers;
- individuals with lived experience as a refugee or asylum seeker;
- legal experience from either the private, public or charitable sectors, who could support the Board on legal matters;
- finance expert – an accountant either qualified or QBE, with practical experience of producing management or statutory accounts. Knowledge of the not-for-profit and charitable sectors would also be helpful.
- individuals with a variety of skills and experience who can demonstrate good generalist knowledge would be greatly valued;
- young/early career cultural practitioners or activists.
We welcome expressions of interest from individuals with a range of backgrounds and lived experiences and aim for diversity across our Board members, staff, participants and audiences. Additional support will be provided to individuals without prior board experience. Whilst board members will be expected to share their particular areas of expertise with the D6 Culture Board and staff, the role remains advisory and not executive.