Drama Teacher (After School), Frenzy Youth Theatre York
- Closes16th August 2020
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£15k-20k pro rata)
- ContactShawna Mitchinson email@example.com
Frenzy Youth Theatre York are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, energetic, dynamic self-employed teacher of drama to join our growing company. You should be creative, inspirational and able to deliver a varied and exciting curriculum to children aged 2-10.
We are keen to employ a teacher who believes in the power of play, imagination and collaboration all of which are developed through our fantastic theatre programmes.
Frenzy are looking to appoint a new teacher to take on existing classes, this may primarily begin with online sessions due to COVID-19 but will return to physical classes as soon as possible. We are looking for someone who can offer up to 1 years minimum commitment, this is due to the training involved. In the first instance, you will be trained up to teach ages 2- 10years which will commence with online during the Summer Term of June/July.
Training, lesson plans, curriculum and scripts are ALL provided.
As this is a freelance role working with children, all applicants must be prepared to work on a self employed basis and will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
In the first instance please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include all relevant experience in your cover letter, especially experience of age groups you have previously worked with.
- Enhanced DBS (or willing to undertake one)
- A performing arts qualification, ideally in Drama, or equivalent professional experience
- Experience delivering successful performing arts lessons for children and young people
- An affinity for and desire to work with children and young people
- Excellent communication skills
- Appropriate and relevant experience for the advertised post
- Have the ability to form and maintain suitable relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people
- Own mode of transport