Festival Echoes 2020 - 4 Artist Commissions, Festival Stoke
- Closes7th June 2020
- LocationWest Midlands
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£20k-25k pro rata)
- Artformcrafts, combined arts, dance, film, interdisciplinary arts, photography, music, visual arts
- ContactAnne Kinnaird email@example.com
Theme: Creating art in a different landscape
Festival Echoes is a series of one-month artist commissions May – October 2020
Four open commissions are available: July, August, September, October
Artist Fee: £1,250 (includes £250 for materials and expenses)
For each commission an artist will create work, of any art-form, in response to the theme.
The artwork must be available to view by members of the public online and/or in public space and then broadcast online as video, photographs or audio content.
The artist may prepare something specifically for online presentation or, alternatively, something that can be photographed or filmed in situ and thereby seen online.
The work must be completed by the end of the calendar month for presentation at the start of the following month.
The artist may present their work online as a developing project during the month of creating.
Following completion, the artist will prepare a short evaluation of their experience in written and visual format.
We are looking for proposals that:
- Provide people across the communities of North Staffordshire with more opportunities to enjoy culture
- Experiment in creating art in new contexts
- Can be shared online through Festival Stoke’s social media, YouTube, etc.
- Propose working in a new and experimental way, for the artist
- Provide an opportunity to develop creative practice
- Respond to current global situations and issues, which may be general or from the perspective of a particular locality or group of people
- Are ‘family-friendly’
We are particularly, but not exclusively, interested in receiving proposals:
- That include an outdoor/nature element
- From people with a wider cultural heritage
- From artists, we have not worked with before
Proposals must comply with any Coronavirus (Covid-19) UK Government guidance current at the time of the commission
Commissions are open to artists and creative practitioners irrespective of geographical location who are resident in the UK.
For a full artist brief please visit our website www.festivalstoke.co.uk
or follow link: https://www.festivalstoke.co.uk/news