Open Call for Curators, Vienna Design Week
- Closes14th June 2020
- LocationLondon, UK wide
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£20k-25k pro rata)
- Artforminterdisciplinary arts, museums, visual arts, design curating
Applications are now open to UK-based curators for a research residency during VIENNA DESIGN WEEK 2020. Curators are invited to explore ways in which design festivals can act as agents for positive change in an ever-changing world.
Read more about how to apply https://design.britishcouncil.org/blog/2020/may/05/open-call-curators-vienna-design-week-2020/ where you'll find the full open call document, and send VIENNA DESIGN WEEK your application by Sunday 14 June 2020 23.59 GMT
The British Council, in collaboration with VIENNA DESIGN WEEK, calls UK-based curators to submit proposals for curatorial research focussing on VIENNA DESIGN WEEK in its international context.
Through a research residency and commissioning a report, the curator will have an opportunity to explore new formats and connections for the design week, as well as a vision for the UK as guest country for 2021.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL BE OFFERED
- Behind the scenes access to the team, planning process, resources, network, and programme of VIENNA DESIGN WEEK.
- The chance to conduct a future-oriented research project in the framework of a renowned international design festival.
- Travel and accommodation for a scoping visit (approx. two days in July) and an extended residency during the festival (September 24 – October 4). Should travel not be possible due to the COVID-19 pandemic, VIENNA DESIGN WEEK is committed to offering remote opportunities for research and scoping with the aim to make the process as engaging as possible, given the circumstances, with virtual studio visits and meetings with key stakeholders.
- Opportunity to give a public lecture featured in the festival programme.
- A fee of GPB 3,000.