Art Club Leader & Art Teacher, art-K Wandsworth
- Closes12th July 2020
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£25k-30k)
- Artformcrafts, visual arts, Other, Fine Art
- ContactEmily Harper firstname.lastname@example.org
All educationalist agree that Art has positive effects on mental health, self-confidence and developing an individual personality. Schools try to retain as much art as they can, whilst balancing the demands of the core curriculum. art-K helps realise those benefits by engaging teachers dedicated to these ideals and providing art projects - developed over the past 20 years - that are inspiring and fun.
Our Wandsworth branch has been open for 3 months; approximately 50% of time is dedicated to teaching the students, 25% into preparing for the classes, 25% to admin and promotion. This position is a 1 year maternity cover role.
The successful applicant will be given full training in our teaching methods and techniques to run the club. The employee will be closely supported by the art-K management team as well as other leaders (of which there are 16). Each employee is based in their own art studio.
Working with art-K means you will:
- Work with high teacher-pupil ratios, teaching children who love art.
- Join a strong team of like-minded artists and teachers.
- Gain experience and knowledge in art programmes, teaching, child development and marketing.
- Have face-to-face training on all art projects by Kathryn, the Creative Director.
- Undergo training on marketing from Emily, the Managing Director, to understand how to engage with the pupils efficiently and effectively.
- Work on projects to contribute to the art-K programme by liaising with Kathryn and other employees on new ideas.
What we look for:
- Art degree
- Experience working with children
- Basic computer skills
- Experience on social media
- A giving person who is passionate about children’s artistic development.
- A positive attitude to encourage students on their projects.
- Motivated whilst working independently.
- Excited to work with a family-owned brand within a conscientious team.
Salary: part fixed salary and part performance related. SSP sick pay and pension scheme contributions.
Start date: July 2020
Start times 10am daily. Term time working days: Tuesdays to Saturdays, holiday days (14 weeks per year): Mondays to Fridays.
To apply: please submit a CV, cover letter and portfolio.
Location: 93 East Hill
Job Types: Full-time, maternity cover
Salary: £25,000.00 to £28,000.00 /year