Project Manager for `Snapping the Stiletto`, Essex County Council
- Closes7th July 2020
- LocationSouth East
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£30k-40k)
- Artformcombined arts, museums
- ContactAndrew Ward firstname.lastname@example.org
Essex County Council’s Culture, Heritage, Tourism and Green Spaces Service are looking to a recruit a Project Manager over 18 months as part of the National Lottery Heritage Fund supported ‘Snapping the Stiletto’ project which aims to tell stories of underrepresented communities in Essex through museum collections.
Following on from the acclaimed first iteration of the project, this second phase will look at the gap in museums collections around the lives of working-class, BAME and LGBTQ+ women from the last hundred years, with the 50th Anniversary of the Equal Pay Act 1970 acting as the catalyst.
The Project Manager will act as the overall manager for the project, leading on:
• Developing partnerships between a range of external organizations,
• Supporting museums to develop links with underrepresented groups,
• working with volunteers to support the project and delivering a range of engagement activities and events, whilst sharing learning from the project via case studies, articles and evaluation
• Supporting museums to recruit and train volunteers and to ensure relevant communities are enabled to take part effectively.
• Planning and delivering a range of engagement activities, history festivals, popup events, community days, and guided heritage walks.
• Disseminating learning from the project, including writing case studies, submitting articles to journals, speaking at relevant meetings and conferences and supporting evaluation.
• Promoting the project through diverse platforms, including social media.
• Managing the project budget.
• Producing reports for the funders, project partners and other stakeholders.
Full job details are availble to view on Essex County Council's website here: https://www.workingforessex.com/job-application/28516/