Primary Music Practitioner, Ark Schools
- Closes31st July 2020
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£25k-30k pro rata)
- ContactEmma Grimsey email@example.com
Musical learning is unparalleled in its ability to stimulate personal, emotional and intellectual development, unlock creativity and motivate social change. Given the right conditions, we believe every child can be a musician, and enjoy improved life chances as a result.
Our approach gives pupils the chance to engage with music from a breadth of traditions and cultures as performers, composers and critical listeners. This develops the knowledge, skills and behaviours they need both to succeed academically and to enjoy music for their whole lives.
We are now seeking to grow the team of Primary Practitioners who support our work, teaching in a variety of primary schools and supporting classroom teachers in the development of their own skills.
The ideal candidate will:
- be an experience and outstanding primary music practitioner in a whole class setting with a particular emphasis on singing.
- possess a kind, supportive and nurturing approach to teaching.
- have training or experience of the Kodaly method
- have broad knowledge and experience of the primary school music curriculum
Placements are on a free-lance basis. School placements consists of both half and full days for subject to attendance on an initial teacher coach training session (1/2 day).
Attendance on further relevant Ark training days throughout the year will be required to fully support our free-lancers to develop best practice.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an application pack.