Film & Television Teacher, PQA Earlsfield, PQA Earlsfield
- Closes31st August 2020
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£15k-20k pro rata)
- Artformfilm, interdisciplinary arts, theatre, visual arts
- ContactCarly Bond firstname.lastname@example.org
Experienced in Film & TV? Love working with children and young people? Then this is the job for you!
PQA, the new generation of weekend performing arts academies set up by actress, Pauline Quirke, are currently recruiting a Film & TV Teacher in Earlsfield, South West London.
We’re looking for a local filmmaker to teach our students all aspects of filmmaking; everything from pre-production through to filming.
You will be inspiring the hearts and minds of our students, aged 6-18 years, so you need to be passionate about filmaking and have an interest in arts education.
You will be working alongside our students to create exciting material that will be shared on PQA’s own TV channel, PQATV. Then, ultimately working towards creating a portfolio of short films ready to be screened in the local cinema in South West London as well as entering the short films into regional and national film festivals.
We are looking for someone who is organised, creative, hard-working, a team-player, full of energy, has clear communication skills and has the ability to use their own initiative.
The ideal candidate will have:
– Ideally at least one year of experience working professionally within the film and/or TV industry and be over 21years old.
– Experience of working with young people, although training will be provided for the right candidate
– A degree or equivalent; other relevant experience will be considered
– Technical ability; the candidate will need to be capable with DSLR cameras and sound recording equipment
– Experience in editing short films
The candidate must have a willingness to complete relevant training and a current DBS check will be required.
The chosen candidate will be required to work every Saturday during term time 9.30am – 1pm.
Rate of pay - £75 a session, editing negotiated separately.
Please apply by sending a cover letter, CV and a link to short film project you have been involved in.