Freelance film maker, Portsmouth City Council Library and Archive Service
- Closes31st August 2020
- LocationSouth East, Portsmouth
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£20k-25k pro rata)
- Artformfilm, libraries, literature
- ContactClare Forsyth and Laura Weston firstname.lastname@example.org
Portsmouth City Council's Libraries and Archives Service and the Conan Doyle Collection received project funding from Arts Council England. Called City of Stories, the project began in 2018 and focused on connecting local people to the City's Archives, its special collections (including the Arthur Conan Doyle Collection) and storytelling and storytellers. There have been many positive outcomes from music writing to exhibitions.
We would now like to capture the essence of City of Stories with a Celebratory Film that captures the diversity of work that took place, and create a legacy of all the hard work everyone has achieved for the future.
Freelance Film Maker's Role- What we are looking for
We would welcome tenders from anyone that meet the requirements below. There are four main criteria to fulfil this role:
- Experience of working in a community setting
- Experience of all aspects of film and production
- Experience and knowledge of video conferencing to compile some of the footage for the film
- Someone who can deliver an innovative and creative solution of this brief
This short, documentary style film will be shown to the funders, Arts Council England and Portsmouth City Council Councillors, participants and artists who have been commissioned as part of City of Stories.
- You will compile music and performance footage, sent in a range of formats.
- You will be working with a range of age groups and people from a wide range of backgrounds, taking into account any social distancing requirements.
- You will be required to compile a documentary style film with photographs, text and sound to encompass the huge amount of work that has been achieved since the start of this project in 2018.
- You will produce two versions: one shorter version for social media and one for stakeholders.
This commission needs to be completed by 1 March 2021.
The budget available is £2000.00
For a full brief please contact email@example.com