Studio/Production Manager, Marguerite Humeau Studio
- Closes31st August 2020
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£30k-40k)
- Artformcombined arts, visual arts
- ContactScheherazade firstname.lastname@example.org
Marguerite Humeau is a French artist based in East London, working across the fields of sculpture, sound, and installation and exhibiting internationally.
The studio is seeking a highly motivated London-based individual to work 5 days a week as a Studio/Production Manager. The Studio/Production Manager will work closely with the artist on a wide variety of projects and should have experience to attend to all aspects of the artists studio activities. The Studio/Production Manager will accompany the artist in all phases of the project, including travelling with the artist to produce and install the works internationally.
- Highly autonomous, independent individual capable and happy to work on their own for sustained periods of time while the artist is producing work, diving into research or travelling for various work commitments.
- The candidate should be self-motivated, capable of working independently and proactively to solve problems at hand.
- Excellent administrative and writing skills, extremely organised and detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to support the artist in all areas of production, organisation and communication including liaising with all fabricators, foundries, engineers, 3d designers, and other collaborators as well as with the gallery and museums to oversee and manage projects and productions.
- Proven experience to initiate, establish and manage organisational systems as they relate to the artists archive and ongoing production, including organising digital databases, artists’ materials, and physical documents.
- an interest in contemporary art or design production and a familiarity with various studio practices is advantageous.
- An interest in sculpture (processes and fabrication) is preferred as this is central to the artists practice.
- Knowledge of Mac platforms, Microsoft Office, 3d software required, preferably Rhino / Sketchup + Photoshop/Indesign/Illustrator a plus.
- Full-time with only a part-time required physical presence in the studio, candidate must be based in London, preferably East-London. This is a permanent contract. Start date around end of September / early October.