Administrative Assistant / Registrar, Albion Barn
- Closes15th August 2020
- LocationSouth East
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£25k-30k)
- Artformvisual arts, Other, contemporary art
Albion Barn are looking for an experienced Registrar to support our team across all aspects of the gallery’s activities. The ideal candidate will be exceptionally good in an assisting role and familiar with the art trade. They should have proven experience in artwork cataloguing, art research, producing and keeping accurate records, arranging consignments and loan agreements, shipping and installation. They will also greet visitors, liaise with general suppliers and handle incoming enquiries.
This role requires someone who can multitask effectively, has excellent attention to detail and a proactive approach to their work.
Albion Barn is located in the Oxfordshire countryside. The right candidate will need to be able to drive and have his or her own car.
- Administer exhibition documents, including condition reports, insurance certificates and loan agreements.
- Administer consignments.
- Maintain the gallery's art database - stock entries, provenance and exhibition histories. Keep track of locations, upload images
- Work with Director to develop and monitor exhibition budgets.
- Coordinate exhibition and client shipments – source estimates, book and manage dispersals to/from the gallery.
- Manage insurance certificates and condition reports.
- Liaise with UK and international shippers and couriers.
- Send out books and post.
- Answer customer queries via phone/email and arrange gallery visits.
- Schedule appointments, arrange complex itineraries.
- Undergraduate degree in art history or related field strongly preferred.
- Familiar with art handling.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly organised and detail oriented.
- Extremely conscientious about meeting goals and deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel.
- Experience with SharePoint is preferred.
- Experience with Artlogic.
- Understanding of customs and duty for worldwide transport.
- Experience with the shipping of art installations including quotes and processes.
- One year experience with responsibilities noted above.
The right candidate should be able to start immediately. We will be looking to fill the position as soon as possible and will be offering interviews to successful candidates straight away.
Please send a short cover letter, CV and your salary expectations to: email@example.com