Freelance Consultant, Exeter Canal and Quay Trust Ltd.
- Closes3rd September 2020
- LocationSouth West
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£15k-20k pro rata)
- Artformcrafts, combined arts, literature, museums, photography, music, Heritage
- ContactHoward Bassett firstname.lastname@example.org
The Exeter Canal and Quay Trust (ECQT) seeks to appoint a freelance consultant to support its Board.
Established as an independent charity in 1981, ECQT is working on a Vision for 2021-26 including piloting new arts and heritage initiatives. These will be delivered in collaboration with partners including Exeter City Council and Literature Works in developing Exeter Custom House, as a literature hub in the context of Exeter’s UNESCO City of Literature programme.
ECQT is looking to appoint a consultant for three principal areas of work:
- Operational support to Trustees
- Managing and promoting ECQT’s activities
- Liaising with partners and representing ECQT in external affairs.
Attributes will include experience of
- operational support, preferably at a Board level
- project management
- collaborative approach with partners to broaden public engagement
- communicating through social media
- A commitment to promoting the ambitions set out in the Exeter Cultural Strategy and the Liveable Exeter Vision
ECQT seeks to promote equality of opportunity.
The successful person will be appointed as an independent consultant working freelance not an ECQT employee. The appointment is up to the equivalent of 50 working days from to March 2021 offered on a flexible working basis with the allocation of work days to be agreed. Regular attendance at meetings in Exeter is required.
Remuneration is a ‘per day’ rate in the range of £200-£250 per day.
For more information/phone discussion/to apply (email only) please contact Howard Bassett before 20 August at email@example.com. Information required
- two page Expression of Interest
- CV with skills and experience
- covering letter indicating (i) your rate per day (inclusive of costs such as VAT), (ii) flexibility on working days, and (iii) two referees.
Interviews to take place in week commencing 21 September.
Thank you for considering this opportunity.