Freelance Evaluator, Extant
- Closes11th September 2020
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£15k-20k pro rata)
- ContactCaroline Jeyaratnam-Joyner firstname.lastname@example.org
Pathways is Extant's tailor-made professional development training programme for visually impaired theatre practitioners. Extant nurtures and develops this talent, in order for visually impaired artists to have enhanced and sustained access to professional opportunities in the industry.
The programme started in 2018, and will run through to March 2023. This programme includes: masterclasses, mentoring, shadowing opportunities with theatre companies/venues and the opportunity to showcase work.
Extant want to bring a freelance Evaluator on board: to start in October 2020 until March 2023.
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced evaluator, with extensive and proven experience in the evaluation of arts projects. We intend for the evaluator to visit projects, to respond appropriately to each context; and to have innovative ideas in which to measure impact. We expect the evaluator to work with a clear methodology and evaluative framework so a robust evaluation that appropriately measures the impact of the project can take place. We would love the evaluator to come to the table with inventive methods to collect, record, assimilate and analyse data.
We are following government guidelines with regards to Covid-19 so some projects may be online.
As the Evaluator will be working with vulnerable adults – doing for example face to face interviews – an enhanced DBS is required.
Day rate: £400 per day, inclusive of expenses
Number of days: October 2020 – March 2023: 20 days
Total for commission: £8,000 (paid in instalments)
Plus: travel expenses can be reimbursed, when presented with receipts
- A CV (maximum 2 sides of A4)
- A covering letter (maximum 2 sides of A4) which outlines your experience and expertise as an evaluator of tailor-made arts projects. Please also explain how you would approach this commission, to ensure that impact is measured, and in an effective/imaginative fashion.
- An example of an evaluation you have done
- Proof that you are on the DBS update service
Please send your application to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 11th September 2020
Interviews: Week of 21st September 2020. These will take place face to face or via Zoom.