Artist, Portrait Commission, Preston Park Museum & Grounds, Stockton on Tees
- Closes22nd April 2021
- LocationNorth East
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£15k-20k pro rata)
- Artformcrafts, combined arts, interdisciplinary arts, museums, photography, visual arts
- ContactAdam Bligh email@example.com
We recently invited people in the Tees Valley to nominate someone inspirational, whose actions during the pandemic deserve recognition.
Preston Park Museum is looking to commission an artist to produce a new Portrait of the chosen nominee.
The selected Artist’s work will be added to the Museum’s permanent collection, as part of our Covid-19 Contemporary Collecting Project. It will help us to show future generations how ordinary people did extraordinary things and how communities pulled together during this time.
Portraiture is a representation of an individual that can be done in many different media and we welcome proposals that use any artform.
Consider the following when applying:
- Timescale: Up to 7 weeks to complete the portrait, ready to present in an exhibition at the Museum in Summer 2021. This can be negotiated depending on the selected artist’s medium.
- Budget: Artist should outline their estimated fee to complete the portrait.
- Format & Materials: The artwork will be viewed in a gallery setting. We hope that this artwork will last as long as possible for future generations to enjoy.
- Quality: The portrait will be added to the Museum’s permanent collection which currently includes treasured art work by artists such as Georges de La Tour and J.M.W Turner.
- Subject: Consider how you will capture the subject’s portrait (depending on Covid-19 safety guidelines)
How to apply
Applications and inquiries to:
Adam Bligh, Community Engagement Officer
Please include a paragraph about:
- Why this project is of interest to you.
- A brief description of the artform, materials or techniques you might use to produce the Portrait.
- Estimated time scale to produce the portrait.
- Estimated costs.
- Your CV & Artist Statement
- Examples or relevant work
Preston Park Museum & Grounds particularly encourage applicants from those under-represented in the arts & culture sector, including those who identify as Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups, D/deaf or disabled, LGBTIQA+ and self-defined as working class.