Curator @ Arbeit, Arbeit Studios
- Closes15th April 2021
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£20k-25k pro rata)
- Artformcrafts, combined arts, dance, film, interdisciplinary arts, photography, visual arts
- ContactNimrod Vardi email@example.com
Arbeit Studios is looking for a freelance curator to join its team and help restart our galleries in Trowbridge Gardens (E9) and Leyton Green (E10).
The position is part-time for 1 - 3 days per week for an initial period of 3 months.
Arbeit is an artist studios and creative workspace provider with 14 sites across London home to over 250 members and 2 galleries
Trowbridge Gardens located in Hackney Wick is presenting work by the local community and the wider area.
Leyton Green (E10) dedicated to the fashion industry and showcasing works by onsite members and other fashion related projects and in partnership with Borough of Waltham Forest, London College of Fashion and the Fashion District.
The main activities of the role include;
- Curating and producing a series of exhibitions with our studio members, the local community and our partners at each of the gallery locations
- Liaising with the participating artists
- Producing exhibition materials (write press release, design invitations and posters)
- Promoting the projects through various channels (website, social media and local press)
- Installing and de-installing the exhibitions- Develop connections and partnerships with organisations, groups, communities and individuals where appropriate.- Working with external partners, artists and funders, on the delivery of all aspects of the project.
- Working closely with the community and member's manager who is in charge of developing the events, workshop and outreach programmes
We are looking for a person who has an interest and passion for arts, design and creative industries and experience in curating exhibitions, working with artists and exhibition installation.
The candidate should have:
- Experience in curating exhibitions and working with artists
- Writing skills (Curatorial texts, Press release)
- Knowledge in working with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Knowledge of photoshop and other Adobe Design Tools is preferable
Please send us an email with your bio and information about your interests and relevant experience as well as 2 - 4 images (max 2 A4 pages in total) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the header 'Curator @ Arbeit' by 15 April 2021. The position will begin at the end of April / Early May.