Linbury Theatre Technician, Royal Opera House
- Closes9th December 2021
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£30k-40k)
- Artformdance, music, theatre
- ContactHR department firstname.lastname@example.org
The Royal Opera House aims to enrich people`s lives through opera and ballet. It seeks to be accessible and engaging, to develop audiences across the UK and to break new ground in the presentation of lyric theatre. Our Technical and Production Department plays a leading part in ensuring our performances are of the highest quality by delivering technical excellence for every performance, rehearsal and event. We are seeking to appoint a Technician, ideally with Lighting experience bias to join our Linbury Theatre team, working closely with colleagues to ensure operational and production requirements of rehearsals and performances are carried out to the highest possible standard of safety, efficiency and quality.
You will ideally have:
- A proven track record in technical theatre with a producing organisation or venue
- Good technical skills with experience in multiple areas and a thorough understanding of current equipment and systems in lighting.
- Wide experience of lighting technology including LED and moving lights.
- Confident user of ETC lighting consoles, network and systems.
- Some knowledge of audio networking and experience of working with live music an advantage.
- Knowledge of stage and flying skills an advantage.
- Automation skills an advantage
The Royal Opera House is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment in which everyone can thrive. We welcome applications from those who are currently under represented in our workforce; in particular those who are ethnically diverse and/or disabled. As a Disability Confident Employer, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential minimum criteria for our vacancies.
A full job description and details of how to apply are available on our website.