Magical Middlesbrough Christmas Window Commission, Middlesbrough Council
- Closes1st August 2021
- LocationNorth East
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£10k-15k pro rata)
- Artformcrafts, combined arts, visual arts
- ContactClaire Darcy email@example.com
This year’s theme for our Magical Middlesbrough program will be focusing on a traditional Dickensian motif exploring the festive story, A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. The story of Scrooge and his visits from three magical ghosts will be the basis for this year’s family friendly parade and light switch on and thus, we would like to incorporate this into the window display.
The artist/s will be required to design, develop and produce 2 x Christmas window displays that reflects the theme of the Charles Dickens classic, A Christmas Carol.
- The artist/s will be expected to have the experience and vision to design and deliver to a high standard.
- The window must be designed so it is suitable for both day and night time visits.
- Completion and installation of the window display ready for launch on the 21st November 2021.
- Undertake full derig of window in early January between 6th to 9th January 2022.
- Include a suitable window covering for ensuring the window is a surprise during set up but can provide a suitable unveiling on the 21st November
Roles and responsibilities:
- Design and deliver the project within the specified deadline.
- Ensure the product is finished to a high standard that reflect designs presented.
- Liaise with Middlesbrough Events team and attend project catch up group meetings where required and a creative planning meeting with the rest of the Christmas artistic team.
- Adhere to health & safety requirements and procedures
- To carry a minimum of £5,000,000 Public Liability Insurance cover
The project budget is a maximum of £10,000
Fees must include all elements of the process including design, production and display, set up and take down. The fee is inclusive of all costs.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for full brief and application details.