Part Time Art Teacher, art-K Hove
- Closes31st October 2021
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£20k-25k pro rata)
- Artforminterdisciplinary arts
- ContactHattie Jones firstname.lastname@example.org
art-K is a private art education service which teaches children (who love art!) weekly during the day, after school and on the weekend. art-K has developed a specialist art program that tutors art skills to create great pieces of art. We are the leading art education service in England, teaching around 3000 children nationally per week!
All educationalist agree that Art has positive effects on mental health, self-confidence and developing an individual personality. Schools try to retain as much art as they can, whilst balancing the demands of the core curriculum. art-K helps realise those benefits by engaging teachers dedicated to these ideals and providing art projects that are inspiring and fun.
Our Dorking branch is full during the week, so we're expanding the club by recruiting for a teacher to work Saturday - Wednesday, who will teach their own classes and assist the club at other points in the week.
Working with art-K means you will:
- Work in a fun, club environment with high teacher-student ratios where children are enthusiastic about art.
- Join a strong team of like-minded artists and teachers.
- Gain experience and knowledge in art programmes, teaching and child development.
- Run workshops in school holiday times.
- Be available to cover classes at short notice in other clubs on occasions of art leader sickness, training, or other absence, (extra hours and travel costs to be paid if required)
What we look for:
- Art degree
- Experience working with children
- Basic computer skills
- A giving person who is passionate about children’s artistic development.
- A positive attitude to encourage students on their projects.
- Motivated whilst working independently.
- Excited to work with a family-owned brand within a conscientious team.
H&S, child safeguarding and first aid training. 24/7 access to mental health support with BUPA.
Salary: part fixed salary and part performance pro rata of FTE take home 20-25K.
Term time working days: around 24.5 hours per week Saturday - Wednesday. During the holidays teachers will run workshops between Monday - Friday 9-5pm. Hours can be increased with mutual agreement.
Part-time hours: 24.5 per week