Personal Assistant (Support Worker), National Museum of the Royal Navy
- Closes8th December 2021
- LocationSouth East
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£10k-15k pro rata)
- ContactLiz Porter email@example.com
Pay: £14 per hour
Hours: Up to 14 hours per week. Flexibility in hours is possible but ideally, we would like someone to work up to 14 hours across three days including a Tuesday.
Location: Portsmouth/home working with occasional travel to other sites.
We are recruiting a Personal Assistant (Support Worker) to work with the Access and Inclusion Coordinator for The National Museum of the Royal Navy. Although this role will be working with the Access and Inclusion Co-ordinator at the NMRN, employment will be with Ellingham Employment a charity organisation*.
The Access and Inclusion coordinator job is fast extremely varied. It concentrates on working across all aspects of Access, Diversity, Inclusion and Equality issues, mainly for the visitor experience and in part supporting colleagues across the Museum.
The Access and Inclusion Coordinator is visually impaired and deaf in left ear, and also has fatigue impairments that impacts on occasions
We are looking for a Personal Assistant to offer sighted assistance to enable this person to fulfil their role. The role will involve:
- Sighted guiding for wayfinding/orientation and description
- Travel route research and driving or accompanying on public transport
- Describing interpretation (in galleries) and explaining visual materials such as exhibition design layout
- Sighted assistance for Equality Impact Assessments and access evaluation
Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of working with and/or for visually impaired people with understanding on how to provide sighted guiding and description
- Familiar with windows 10 Microsoft word/excel and powerpoint
- Full clean driving licence essential
- Ability to assimilate information quickly and provide concise summaries
- Experience in reading support and scribe note-taking
- Ability to support financial reconciliation complete ATW claim forms
For further details or an informal discussion regarding the role please contact Liz Porter, at Elizabeth.Porter@NMRN.org.uk or call 02392 891370, extension: 2086
Applicants are asked to submit a CV and a statement indicating how their knowledge and experience match those specified. Applications should be forwarded to the HR Team at recruitment@NMRN.org.uk and are required by 4th December 2021. The selection process will take place in Portsmouth on 14th December 2021.