Senior Policy Advisor, British Film Commission
- Closes25th March 2021
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£30k-40k)
- Contactjobs@filmlonon.org.uk email@example.com
The British Film Commission (BFC) is the national organisation responsible for maximising feature film and television inward investment in the UK. The BFC is the national division of Film London.
The BFC leads on encouraging and supporting the production of international feature film and high- end television in the UK; strengthening and promoting the UK’s production infrastructure; and working with the UK Government to ensure film-friendly policies.
Reporting to the Head of Production UK, and working closely with the Head of Communications & Public Affairs where policy work impacts and/or aligns with public affairs engagement, the Senior Policy Advisor will be a key member of the BFC team.
• With an in-depth knowledge and subject area expertise across all BFC’s film and HETV related policy areas, you will be responsible for the organisation’s policy development relating to issues including, but not restricted to COVID-19, Brexit (e.g. international trade agreements and treaties), Immigration, fiscal policy (including Creative Sector Tax Reliefs), land use and planning, and filming licenses.
• Identifying and developing positions on any other policy areas relevant to film and HETV, and briefing BFC teams and stakeholders as appropriate.
• Liaising with UK Stage Space Development Manager, working in partnership with regional and national stakeholders as appropriate, to feed into stage space related policy interventions including local and national planning and business rates.
• Building and maintaining positive relationships with a range of internal and external policy stakeholders, working together on film/HETV related policy. This will include BFC partners and clients, the BFI, wider industry stakeholders (e.g. PACT, Production Guild, British Screen Forum, studios, etc.), and relevant Government stakeholders within DCMS, DIT, HMRC, HMT, Cabinet Office, DCLG, DHSC and other relevant departments.
• Liaising with National and Regional Screen Agencies or devolved administrations (as appropriate) to provide support and guidance on all relevant regional/devolved administration-specific policy areas.
• Working with BFC team to provide briefings for Government stakeholders ahead of relevant meetings and visits.