Stage Manager, Secret Cinema
- Closes19th October 2021
- TypeFull time
- SalaryPaid (£40k-50k)
- ArtformOther, immersive
The post holder will work with the Company Manager to deliver Secret Cinema presents Bridgerton with Fever. They will be responsible for managing the Stage Management team.
- Developing and expanding upon the creative vision of the production with particular consideration of the role of stage management in collaboration with the Creative Director, Producer, and Performance Director;
- Supporting and working alongside the Production Stage Manager during rehearsals and tech weeks with a view to taking over this role during Show Week 2 and for the remainder of the run;
- Reporting to the Producer on the build and the Company Manager on the show run, ensuring all obligations are met;
- Providing cover for shows in the event that more than one ASM is absent;
- Attending all rehearsals, notes days, previews, and understudy rehearsals.
- At least 5 years experience as Stage Manager
- Interest in working in immersive theatre
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively and as part of a team
- Stamina, enthusiasm, motivation, and a proactive manner
- Ability to remain calm and level-headed under pressure
- Adaptability and problem-solving skills
- Excellent administration and organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workload and cope with last minute changes
- Knowledge of event safety guidelines
- Experience of working on temporary work sites in adverse conditions
To apply please send your CV and cover letter (two pages max) to email@example.com with subject line “Stage Manager Application”, by 19th October 2021. Applications are reviewed as they are received, so early submission is advised.
Secret Cinema welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional needs that require accommodation please do not hesitate to let us know.
To understand how Secret Group will use your personal information, please refer to our Casual Workers and Suppliers Privacy Statement: https://www.secretcinema.org/supplier-and-casual-workers-privacy-notice