Street Dance/ Youth Theatre Class Assistant, GreenRoomCollective
- Closes15th April 2021
- LocationSouth East
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£15k-20k pro rata)
- Artformdance, theatre
- ContactLaura Howells-Green firstname.lastname@example.org
GreenRoomCollective is recruiting Street Dance and Youth Theatre assistant class leaders (age 18+) to start mid-April 2021, to support our growing student base and brand new centre. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn from our brilliant creatives and work with our family of enthusiastic students. Find out more about who we are, our core values and what it is like to work with us at greenroomcollective.com. Our classes are on the South Oxfordshire/ West Berkshire border and are easily accessible by car, and some also by train.
We are currently hiring class assistants (age 18+) for two locations (application for either or both is welcome):
- GORING, RG8 - Thursdays | 15:50 - 20:50 (5 hours)
- WANTAGE, OX12 - Fridays | 15:50 - 20:50 (5 hours)
- Both Authentic Street Dance & Youth Theatre Classes
- Ages 6 - 18
- 10 Week Terms
- £10/ hour
Responsibilities of the role include supporting the class teacher with:
- Skilled input during class on an individual and small group level (can be developed once in role with support of class teacher).
- Setting up/packing up the space.
- Welcoming, registering and exiting students.
- Supporting and encouraging the health and wellbeing of students.
- Attending termly team meetings and annual team training.
Candidates would ideally have:
- Experience teaching and/or performing both street dance and acting/creative theatre.
- Experience with the range of ages specified.
- A caring nature and an affinity with children and young people.
- Integrity, energy and imagination!
- Training/ Performing/ Teaching CV/Biog (as applicable, depending on experience).
- 2 References.
- Enhanced DBS Check within 2 years maximum (I can support in obtaining an updated one if necessary).
Preferred but not essential:
- Safeguarding Training.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- Public Liability Insurance.
Most importantly, we are looking for someone confident, dedicated, passionate and friendly.
If you are interested in joining our team as an Assistant Class Leader then please don't hesitate to apply via email@example.com attaching your CV/Biog. We can then arrange a meeting to speak in further detail about the role and to answer any questions you may have.