How to be Together a Residency at the Womens Art Library, Goldsmiths Univeristy
- Artformlive art, education
- ContactGalit Criden firstname.lastname@example.org
How to be Together will host a range of activities to help us think, read, and perform in a way that gestures towards matriarchal sociality- a type of coming together that develops with and through bodily knowledge. For info & to sign up: https://www.galitcriden.com/residency-wal
1. Open Desk is a one x one performative conversation about notions of togetherness with Galit Criden. This is an opportunity for students, faculty to spend time exploring what together could look like, inspired by the WAL's collections.
2. (M)otherwise; Reading Group led by Hannah Bowles and guest speakers. (M)otherwise is a reading and research group born out of the lack of conversation and study of parenting and caregiving in the art school.
3. Attention to Body & Rhythm; a Body-based workshop at the Women's Art Library &Interactive Performance. The workshop aims to pay attention to the way we move and perform ourselves and is exercised through the displacement of body senses, radical observing, and listening inspired by the WAL collection. Led by Galit Criden.
4. Love Letters Workshop led by Sara Tammone. Whom do you love? What do you love? How do you love? Using the love letter as a methodology for performative introspection and bearing in mind that the letter format already implies a sense of togetherness in its being addressed to someone, we will practice with writing letters of love to people, places, ideas, and oneself.
5. Public Talk led by Galit Criden/Laura Kirshenbaum & Althea Agreen. A time dedicated to reflecting the knowledge that has been exchanged in the different events for further research.