The Bread & Roses Emerging Company Award 2021, The Bread & Roses Theatre
- Artformcombined arts, theatre
The Bread & Roses Emerging Company Award 2021 will offer an emerging BAME/BIPoC*-led theatre company a one-week funded research and development (R&D) period in March 2021, with the additional possibility of a professional production run at the theatre at a later point.
The Bread & Roses Theatre is an intimate and versatile space with artistic quality and representation of our societies' real diversity at the heart of the theatre's programming and a focus on new writing, underrepresented voices and distinctive work. As well as welcoming visiting companies, the theatre hosts an in-house schedule of its own and facilitates a range of outreach and support schemes.
What’s on offer:
- rehearsal space for one week of research & development at The Bread & Roses (or an alternative venue)
- weekly fee for 2 to 6 creatives involved
- feedback and guidance from the theatre’s team
- forging a connection to The Bread & Roses Theatre, with the possibility of a future production run (on a box-office split basis) and accessing its professional industry and marketing network
Who can apply:
- Emerging BAME/BIPoC*-led theatre companies with a specific project they are currently working on or would like to start working on
* See full details & how to apply on www.breadandrosestheatre.co.uk