Youthful Cities - Opportunities for Young Creatives in Coventry, The Space
- LocationWest Midlands
- Artformcombined arts, film, interdisciplinary arts, visual arts
- ContactAngela Hughes firstname.lastname@example.org
Supported by British Council and Coventry City of Culture, we have launched an open call to a Digital Storytelling Lab and are looking for 6 Coventry based and 6 Nairobi based creatives (filmmakers, digital storytellers, YouTubers, content creators and activists), who are curious and want to develop bold, new digital stories across immersive audio, interactive video and 360 video through digital storytelling and production.
Through a 10-month creative development programme from July 2021 - March 2022, those selected will work with experts from Google Arts & Culture and BBC R&D to develop new skills to ideate, prototype, pitch and finally scale up and go into production.
Opportunities for successful applicants include:
- Masterclasses in digital storytelling using tools from BBC Research & Development
- Working with an international cohort in teams
- The opportunity to network with a wider group of creatives from the other Youthful Cities Strands
- Showcasing completed projects as part of the official programme for Coventry UK City of Culture’s year
- A fee of £3,400 to complete the whole programme
- Production budget of up to £4,000 per team of 4 artists to complete projects.
Further information on the opportunity is available here: https://bit.ly/Ycities
To learn more, you can sign up for our Youthful Cities Information for Applicants Webinars taking place on:
- 24th June at 12pm BST (UK) / 2pm EAT (Kenya) - http://bit.ly/YCitiesWeb1
- 28th June at 12pm BST (UK) / 2pm EAT (Kenya) - http://bit.ly/YCitiesWeb2
Deadline for applications is Monday 12 July 2021, 5pm BST (UK), 7pm EAT (Kenya)