Could you write your own haiku? Free poetry competition, Aid For Japan
- Artforminterdisciplinary arts, libraries, literature
- ContactMatt firstname.lastname@example.org
The charity Aid For Japan is running a haiku writing competition. The winner will be revealed on 11th March at the Ten Year Anniversary Online Cultural Fair.
A haiku is a poem of seventeen syllables:
- A line of five syllables
- A line of seven syllables
- Another line of five syllables
The topic usually calls to mind a particular season, but a haiku may also include observations about nature, animals, love and everyday life.
Write your own haiku and win a prize!
- Post your haiku to social media with the hashtag #aidforjapan
- Alternatively, you can send your haiku to email@example.com and we can tweet it for you
- You will be entered into our competition to win a copy of Akemi Tanaka’s book 'The Power of Chowa’
The closing date of the competition is 23:59 (GMT) 10th March 2021. Winner will be judged by members of the Aid For Japan team on Thursday 11th March 2021.
This video was made specially for Aid For Japan and gives you gudiance and inspiration on writing your own haiku: https://youtu.be/r7bOZIbSF5U