Administrator, Sheffield Music Academy
- Closes22nd October 2021
- TypePart time
- SalaryPaid (£15k-20k pro rata)
- ContactJess O'Neill email@example.com
SMA is a vibrant and thriving music education charity, providing expert tuition to talented musicians aged 4-19 years. We are looking for a friendly administrator to join our busy managerial team. Alongside strong written skills, and an ability to use all MS Office applications, the postholder should be confident engaging with musicians, students, teachers, parents and the public face-to-face, with good initiative and energy.
This is a permanent role working 23 hours pw including Saturdays during term time. Paid £18,000 - £20,000 pro rata.
- Reception management at SMA on Saturdays, helping students, parents and staff with queries and assisting with the opening and closing of the buildings each day.
- Liaison with parents and students; both existing and prospective over the phone, in person and over email
- Main liaison for Friends of Sheffield Music Academy
- Manage DBS applications and compliance.
- Office management, including stock control in both the office and on teaching premises.
- Assist in the preparation and ongoing administration of the annual teaching timetable
- Undertake research projects and data analysis as required
- Represent SMA at some external partner events and concerts
- Management of the SMA Music Library
- General administrative duties including data entry, database management, basic financial duties and filing.
- Assist the General Manager and/or Music Director with any other duties commensurate with the role
- Ensure continued excellent customer service standards are maintained within the SMA family
- Contribute to the overall ethos and aims of the Academy
- Participate in training and performance development as required
- Full clean driving license is essential. Access to a car or willingness to drive a company vehicle would be beneficial.
- Ideally the candidate will be a musician or have strong musical knowledge to assist effectively with staff and students.
Please send a covering letter and CV stating your suitability and interest in the role to General Manager Jess O'Neill firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on the closing date. References will be sought when the position is offered.